The Federation of Historical Bottle Collectors (FOHBC) is a non-profit organization supporting collectors of historical bottles, flasks, jars and related items.
The mission of the Federation is to encourage growth and public awareness of the bottle hobby and to enhance the enjoyment of such through collecting, dealing and educational endeavors and to promote fair and ethical conduct within the bottle hobby. To effect its mission, activities of the Federation include, but are not limited to:
1. Furnishing photographic slide programs, speakers, and educational material to both individuals and bottle clubs.
2. Encouraging and promoting the writing of research articles relating to bottles, their manufacture, origin, and history.
3. Encouraging and promoting educational bottle displays at public libraries, schools, club meetings, antique shows and service organizations’ meetings.
4. Encouraging and promoting the establishment of bottle clubs as they relate to bottle collecting in general as well as to areas of specialization and research.
5. Encouraging and promoting the educational quality of bottle club newsletter publications.
6. Establishing mutually beneficial relationships with and educational displays or programs at public museums in order to promote the bottle hobby.
7. Maintaining and publishing a quality periodical for the dissemination of educational information and Federation news to the Federation membership in a timely manner.
8. Honoring significant contributions or service by individuals to the bottle hobby by the recognition of such through induction into the Federation Hall of Fame or the Federation Honor Roll alliances.
9. Establishing and abiding by standards and ethics by which bottle collectors and dealers may fairly deal with one another.